Breastfeeding releases endorphins, which creates a feeling of relaxation and well being in mother and baby, and is even an ideal pain reliever for the baby.
At the hospital Spencer required a heel prick blood test. He cried during the procedure and for 20 minutes afterward. A few days later he required this test again (as I am RH negative). This time my midwife did it and suggested that I breast feed Spencer as she pricked his heel. WOW- no crying during or afterward!
So I decided to try the breastfeeding trick for Spencer's 2-month shots. The health nurse was skeptical and even warned that he might choke. But I insisted on giving it a try. Spencer had 3 shots and only cried for the last one. Not too shabby! I wish more Mothers knew about this trick. Our health nurse was very impressed with how effective the technique was and said we had a convert- yay! I felt so sorry for the other babies who were crying hysterically. Some were still crying as they left the clinic. Not Spencer... we carried him out of the clinic sleeping. :)
-
0 comments:
Post a Comment