Monday, October 27, 2008

Monitoring Baby... Simple, Right?

Wow, who knew choosing a baby monitor could be so complicated?! So many things to consider. Analogue or digital, video/audio combo. or just audio. How many hours does the chargeable battery last? Does your monitor have a clip and a stand? How many Mhz. is it? How many feet can you travel before the monitor gives out? Do you or your neighbors have wireless internet? If so you will need to take this into consideration when choosing a monitor.
Decisions-decisions! First off I decided that I wanted a video/audio monitor. This way if I hear some strange noise in the night I can check the monitor from bed. Reducing the chance of waking Spencer and also reducing the number of unnecessary late night visits to Spencer's bedroom. From there I researched monitors that would work with our wireless internet and started reading consumer reviews online. I found that Summer Infant produced a monitor that met all of my criteria and best of all it reviewed VERY well. I especially like that the monitor is so small/portable and that the video camera can be moved to view from many angles. What I didn't like was the price tag! So I set off to search for a used one on Craig's List. I found one! Lightly used and $200 less the retail price. Yay!
http://www.summerinfant.com/categories_products_view.php?id=16

This monitor also won "American Baby Best Of The Year Award" for 2008.

0 comments: