Sunday, July 20, 2008

Canadian Family Magazine


I love this magazine for a number of reasons. It's a fresh and youthful Canadian Magazine. What you see you can get right here in our country and often right here in Vancouver. The magazine topics are relevant to us as Canadians. I really like the format of this magazine. There is a section called "Ages and Stages" where you'll find a featured topic for each stage of parenthood: Prenatal, 0-1, 1-2, 3-5 and so on. There is also an index in the magazine that breaks down every topic into the various relevant age groups. There's a wonderful section called "Diversions" where you can find reviews and recommendations of great books for babies and children of various ages. Lastly, I love the "Family 411: Approved" section. Here you'll find reviews on products such as diapers, play pens, strollers and so on. A group of Canadian parents are given a selection of 5 products (such as strollers) to try at home. They write a brief review and supply the magazine with a rating between 1 and 10 for each product.

You can find this magazine in some local stores. I now have a subscription to the magazine. Here's a link to the online magazine and subscription information:
http://www.canadianfamily.ca/

0 comments: